In support to the research and educational activities, the FXB Center has direct access to a number of facilities within the Aerospace Engineering Department and within the University of Michigan as a whole.
Facilities of particular interest are:
- 5×7 wind tunnel and 9 other wind tunnels (including a x by y supersonic wind tunnel)
- Several experimental facilities for (smart) structural tests and evaluation, control, and aerodynamics
- Experimental capabilities for prototyping and testing active structures
- Basic hardware manufacturing facilities
- Nanotube manufacturing and testing facility